Welcome to my first recipe blog post! Before I start with the actual recipe, I first want to tell you why I choose a soup recipe for my first food post.
I´m in love with soups! Even in summer my favourite meal is a cold soup called Okroschka (Russian). Similar to smoothies also soups can have a large amount of nutrients, fiber and vitamins, but also feel light in the stomach. Especially when you´re sick, soups are excellent!
A pumpkin soup in the falltime is indispensable! Can you feel the autumn vibes? I can ! So here is my creation of a pumpkin soup – et voilà:
- 1 medium Hokkaido pumpkin
- about 5 large carrots
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2 buch chives
- 1 ginger (about 4 inches)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1 – 2 table spoon mild paprika powder
- about 1 pint vegetable broth (maybe a little bit more)
In addition: oil, salt, pepper, herbal mixture, pumpkin seeds, (nutmeg)
- *some are estimated because not all the ingredients have the same size, feel free to decide on your own
- peel and core the pumpkin
- peel the ginger and the garlic and chop up all together with the chives
- cut the pumpkin, carrots and the sweet potato into cubes
- put all the ingredients into a big sized pot with oil and cook it for 2 – 5 minutes
- add the paprika powder and the herbal mixture
- deglaze with vegetable stock and let everything simmer for about 20 minutes until the ingredients are soft
- now puree directly in the pot with a hand blender
- stir in the coconut milk
- heat the mixture up a again and season it with salt, pepper and nutmeg – serve
Steps in pictures:
Then arrange the soup with roasted pumpkin seeds and / or pumpkin seed oil. This is delicious in combination with a fresh and warm ciabatta bread!
If you want to enjoy this delicacy on nice relaxing dinner with wine and candlelight, I recommend you to drink a delicious fruity sweet Muscat wine!
If you try my recipe out, I am pleased if you let me know, so I can admire your creations . Stay healthy!
Read in: German